18 Things I’ve Bought, Almost Bought, Or Am Going To Buy…
It’s Friday. It’s been a long, good week. Last week my family had a truly incredible week together on vacation so getting back into the swing of things was tricky. So why not celebrate the weekend with a quick fashion post? I’ve been transitioning into my fall wardrobe, and thought it should be broadcast internationally to all of you (obviously).
Here are 18 things I’ve either bought, almost bought, or want to buy. Also please note those baby thighs (above).
1. – What is this 1999? YES. When I met Brian he would only wear this coat. I was endlessly attracted to him. Now I want it. It’s still too hot to think about in LA, but I may hoard for January because having snuggly-ness near my face is something I’m prioritizing in my winter life.
2. – I bought this. It’s awesome. It’s hangs at the perfect length and is graphic, heavy, and yet special. I broke my last everyday necklace so this is my new one.
3. – I’m sure this one won’t be terribly flattering on me, what with my secretly large boobs, but I love it and am going to try it out anyway. Haven’t bought it yet, but seriously thinking about it.
4. – YOU GUYS. I was desperate, DESPERATE for cute park shoes. You know, those shoes that you can throw on to take the trash out, or go to brunch, or push the swing at the park. I like a tiny lift (my feet don’t like flat flats) and these are insanely comfortable, add an inch, and are so cute. They are Dr. Scholl’s, who’s marketing department is PSYCHED that frumpy shoes are having a moment right now (see #15 and #17, too) but I personally am down for this pair of casual comfort.
5. – I’ve wanted this Baggu bag for a while, with the only question being which color. I have too many camel bags and their olive suede is beautiful but maybe less easy to mix, so I figured to go along with my nursing clothes theme I’d don this white purse . . . to house my pill box and backup orthopedics.
6. – I bought this and just tried it on today. It’s awesome. It’s big and needs to be worn with skinny jeans and heels (maybe some mules?), but the sheer volume and graphic nature makes it super compelling and striking. It’s not for everyone, but for those of us who like volume on top and less on the bottom, this number is your song.
7. – It’s a joke among my team that I love a boxy top/sweater. I haven’t ordered this one because it’s too hot in LA and I have two small kids who will probably ruin this expensive sweater. But for the record if I lived in New York and was sans kids I would buy this in a heartbeat.
8. – I bought this. I love it. It’s slim, and graphic, and beautiful. I wore it in a shoot today and it was a crowd pleaser.
9. – I own two pairs of these – one charcoal and one tan. I love everything does, so when they created I had no idea that was them, but bought piece after piece (my and my are from them, too). These are slim, flattering and comfortable. You have to wash them after every wear but I look forward to them in my pant drawer because they make my body (and tummy) very happy.
10. – Just ordered this but haven’t gotten it yet. SO CUTE.
11. – I found this via Bri Emery of and I knew that I, too, had to add this to my hat collection.
12. – You have no idea how happy it makes me that cuffs are back. I don’t like dainty jewelry because I lose or break it. So, this I can handle.
13. – My favorite shoes ever are from this brand and I was so excited to see another version out there. My pair are so comfortable and flattering (EVERYBODY SAYS SO) and I’m hoping these have the same magic.
14. – Because tunics are the perfect layering piece for fall. Shove a sweater over that bad boy an you get cute little tails and cuffs sticking out.
15. – Back with the Dr. Scholls chatter. These are nursing but I think they are so cute, and for $80 they are WAY more enticing than buying $350 trendy nursing shoes. I know that the rest of the country isn’t buying sandals right now but we wear them year round in LA and these give a lift, are flattering, and yet fill that weird/fun trend hunger really well.
16. – I bought this a couple weeks ago and the front zipper/pocket combo makes it really flattering and makes your stomach look really flat. That’s all you really need to know if you are into such a thing.
17. – Broken record. I bought three pairs. I love them all. Comfort + a tiny bit of height + cool + under $100 = WIN.
18. – The new California brand that is taking casual ladies by storm, is doing it. Order small as these run big, but no one loves that bell sleeve more than me.
Have a great weekend. We’ll be pumpkin shopping/carving and catching up on THIS IS US (Please tell me you are watching it??)