Etsy Finds: Volume IV
Hi EHD world. It’s and I’m back with more Etsy goodness. If you’ve been keeping up on my shopping posts (this is number 4!), you’ll know I’m digging through pages and pages of goods to find you the best stuff these small makers have to offer. I want to be conscious of where I shop and what I buy, so it makes me happy to share these gems with you because it means we’re supporting small businesses and makers who really care! Ready? Let’s go:
1. | $245. First up we have a gorgeous sconce by one of my long-time favorite Etsy lighting designers. Lighting is the perfect way to add a pop of black to ground a space. What sets this sconce apart is its wooden block that softens the fixture and makes it feel really unique.
2. | $30. I would have to be classified as a crazy person to have stumbled upon this dog in a fluffy hoodie and not share it with the world. Please, if you have a small dog, purchase this hoody and send me pictures.
3. | $448. This purse is more proof that mixing natural textures is a win-win in decor and in fashion. Doesn’t it also feel vintage? Well, the great news is it’s just as sustainable as if it had been vintage! It’s handmade in a chateau in France (so cool) and as its maker states, it’s sustainable and ethical because it’s no waste, recycled, natural and biodegradable. Slow fashion is the new fast fashion folks!
4. | $44. First off, these earrings are SO cute. Second, they taught me something I didn’t know before! Apparently, most earrings like this are made from a petroleum-based material and, unfortunately, refining oil into petroleum contributes to air pollution. This Etsy seller has the right idea and crafts these hoops out of cellulose acetate which is a natural and renewable material, providing an eco-friendly alternative to a petroleum-based material. Yet another reason to shop from an Etsy seller and not H&M.
1. | $88. This magazine rack is everything. It’s bold but simple and allows for the perfect contrast to a soft magazine cover. The makers behind it believe in minimalism as staying power to cut down on waste. With good design there’s no reason to throw it out for a trendier option next year.
2. | $20. The thought of a cute furry kitten poking it’s head out of this minimalist home gives me such joy. As does the fact that this Etsy seller says they’re made in an eco friendly way! I hope they’re also shipped flat because a cardboard box in a cardboard box…?
3. | $1,295. Many of us live as apartment dwellers destined to complain about our small rental kitchens. In comes this gorgeous handmade kitchen island to help beautify and provide more practical space. The piece’s higher price reflects the attention to detail taken to build it. Plus, it’s definitely more affordable than purchasing a house and renovating the kitchen from scratch!
4. | $28. Will radish fingers give us green thumbs? I hope so! These gloves will make great assistants for revamping your garden for summer. Imagine all the overhead Instagrams you could take!
1. | $18. I love the idea of this tablecloth for Thanksgiving! Sure, I’m a BIT early here, but hey, tablescapes are important and worth preparing for. This tablecloth is handmade by a woman who gained the ability to quit her job and spend more time with her daughter through her Etsy shop. Etsy really does help makers create lifestyles we all dream of.
2. | $380. Texture, texture, texture! This throw is a perfect addition to a crisp white bed. It’s neutral and simple but adds depth and (shall I say it again…) texture!
3. | $108. A twist on a classic is always a good thing (yes, pun intended!). Minimal and quirky are perfect qualities in earrings, and I’d say this pair definitely embodies both.
4. | $35. Pouches are a girl’s best friend…wait, that’s how the saying goes, right? This little duffle is on the top of my wishlist as I always have some tiny grouping of things that needs organization and a new home. The tone and materials of this case are on point. It makes me want to start a petition for camel to be 2019’s Pantone Color of the Year.
1. | $28. The delicious combo of solid brass and leather can make anything look just a bit more special. These rings would be so gorgeous on softly wrinkled linen napkins, don’t you think? Bonus points: these are made from the scraps of three different types of leather leftover from manufacturing.
2. | $95. I think I’ve found the perfect beach bag for this summer! It’s really large for lugging all your sunscreen and it also feels really organic and natural, which is the perfect look for a beach day.
3. | $68. These wooden spice containers are a great addition to any kitchen as they’re practical and gorgeous. When they’re in use, I think they’ll stand out as really special pieces, and then when you’re done using them, they’ll easily melt into the background of your kitchen in a way that won’t add clutter.
4. | $44. With a slot for your debit card, this vegetable-tanned leather case is perfect for when you need to downsize your purse contents for a night out. Plus, “veg-tanning is chromium-free, a natural and eco-friendly process that produces durable, exquisite leathers.” It’s good for your late nights and the environment.
Thanks so much for joining me and checking out my monthly Etsy picks! Comment below on what you’ll be putting in your carts and taking home. And as my (now totally official) tagline says, I wish you an easy wait and a skilled UPS driver (to assure your packages arrive safely). Thanks again EHD readers.