Our Chairish Collection From The Round Top Flea Market
As you know I teamed up with , the biggest/best online vintage website last week (here is the intro if you missed it) and together, with the founder Anna Brockway, we shopped for a special Round Top collection for y’all. Which is shoppable NOW on !
I didn’t really have any sort of goal or style in mind, it was more ‘Would I buy this for me?’ and if the answer was yes, then we bought it. Which means that I sacrificed myself for your happiness. I’m a super good person.
But I certainly have a particular aesthetic right now, with my house being a combination of classic antiques, mid-century and of course a bit of whimsy. Nothing is too WOAH, LOOK AT ME and everything feels pretty easy to mix in to a lot of different styles.
I guess if you had to label this collection it would be classic, modern farm house. There are a few piece that might not fit in exactly, but for the most part I subconsiously curated that collection.
Here are the treasures we found together for you guys.
1. I’ve been into the flag game for 10 years now, and my attraction towards them never waivers. I even bought two for us that you’ll see tomorrow. These are so great to either frame, or just hang as-is to add color and soul to a room or wall.
2. We all became obsessed with these. Brady spotted them at the show and still really wants to buy them back. We don’t really know what they are but they are hand carved and sculptural. Individually they are pretty, but collectively they definitely have a unique presence. I bought the rest of them for me, but gave Chairish a couple of the best ones from the collection for sure.
3. : Ugh, even these french serving dishes got the memo that blush is the newest neutral. It’s absolutely the perfect color – not pink, but so subtle. I’m DYING to have these for our easter festivities.
4. : Such a pretty color, not to mention classics that would elevate any shelving. I of course wanted them for our new shelves, but Chairish had dibs on these beauties.
5. : It’s gorgeous. I have 4 landscapes in my house that don’t have a home so I had no right buying this for me, but please someone snag this.
6. : I know that this seems boring, but here’s why this is valuable and useful – it’s a simple shape, in a classic pattern and colorway. It will liven up a shelf, credenza or dresser while working with every other color you have. Plus, most pieces of furniture are more square so having a rounder object helps soften everything and creates contrast without too much ornate detail. It’s just a good to have.
7. : This was a huge favorite amongst all of us. Put it on top of a stack of books on your coffee table, or use it as your jewelry tray on your nightstand. It’s quiet but has a sense of humor.
8. : The perfect textile to wake up a sofa or even better, to put in your car for impromptu picnics (something that we Hendersons do a lot). Check the sizing on this one as it is a little bit of an odd shape but still so good.
9. : I can’t not buy a piece of studio pottery in a beautiful blue tone. It could go literally anywhere – in a shelf, in the bathroom, to hold your sponges in the kitchen, as a dish in the kitchen, or even put a plant in it. Useful and beautiful.
10. : These were an obvious grab, regardless of how dysfunctional they seem. You can lean them in a shelf or us them as paper weights. They are sculptural and a bit more masculine in that beautiful caramel leather, but could go in anyone’s home.
11. : Body parts are the new brass animals. This simple foot is whimsical and yet simple.
12. : This is one that I thought I bought for myself but then Chairish was all, ‘Er, no, that’s ours’. I wanted it as a beautiful toothbrush holder in the bathroom, or the perfect nightstand vase. So, one of you should snag it and do that same thing, before I buy it back for myself.
1. : All of us freaked out about this. Maybe it’s a year long garland on your mantle or pile it on your coffee table as a sculpture. It’s hand carved and while I have no idea why someone made it, its so beautiful and such a unique thing to style with.
2. : Fine, I know that not everyone is into english countryside paintings like we are right now, but we all loved this. It’s classic, but with some youth to it.
3. Another flag because just one for the sale wasn’t enough. It’s nautical and I think it’s a particular letter although I forget what it is!
4. : This is one of those accessories that seems so boring but is so incredibly functional. I might buy this and here’s why – most good trays are wood or brass but most tables are wood or brass. And I’m pretty bored by lacquer trays these days. So this matte black looks great on every other colored table, the scale is petite and so useful, while the shape is classic but not boring. I know exactly where i’d put it – on my dresser or in my bathroom because there are hints of black in the sconce.
5. : Gorgeous, classic and special. Sure you can use them in the kitchen, for appetizers/dips, etc. But you could also put them on a tray for jewelry on your dresser. They are so delicate and beautiful.
6. : With the new house I’m now finally starting to think about throwing dinner parties and things like knife rests I feel highly underprepared for. Sure, you don’t NEED a knife rest at your dinner but I sure would love to be at a party with this knife rest.
7. : GAH. I want this, too!!! I could put it in a gallery wall above the sofa in the family room, framed in a modern way (although you wouldn’t have to frame it) and it would add so much interest in a happy, beautiful color palette.
8. : Personality in simplicity. Literally put it anywhere – nightstand, bathroom, dresser, credenza, entry, kitchen for tea bags, ANYWHERE!!
9. : I’m panicking now. WHY DID I NOT JUST BUY THIS FOR MYSELF?? It’s such a beautiful little porcelain box that says matches on the top in hand painted writing. So perfect to house my artisanal matches.
10. : I haven’t seen such a simple midcentury one before, and while I don’t know what you really do with this, it sure would look pretty on your open shelving in your kitchen.
11. : Another great back of sofa throw in a classic Americana pattern, of my two favorite colors.
12. These don’t look special but they are all handmade/thrown and while I wish there were 12 of them (ice cream party!) these three petit bowls are really special and have beautiful texture in such sweet pastel colors.
1. : Ginny is BUMMED that she showed this to Chairish. She talked about it for days after and will probably be the one buying it back. It’s a beautiful stately horse portrait, that is intricately done and pretty large. Her english soul is not letting her sleep.
2. Gorgeous. White and really thin brass, making this modern but with the soul of vintage.
3. Another regret. Put this anywhere, put remotes in it, put your glasses in it, put ANYTHING IN IT. It’s perfectly aged, in a simple shape. You are welcome.
4. : That little bit of brass on the tip kills me. It’s hard to see in the photo, but there are accents of brass and it’s just wonderful. I racked my brain (ha) to find a place for it in our house but failed, so it is yours.
5. : Remember my huge red cross flag and my huge navy blue flag? This is like if they had an adorable little flag baby. SO CUTE!
6. : For cake, obviously but even better to create levels and layers in your open shelving.
7. : I love that ice bucket for its simplicity and the combination of wood and lacquer. Also another one I’m tempted to buy back.
8. : Gorgeous, stunning colors in a shape that is easy to mix with others. Again, if I didn’t already have a plethora of these that I’m having trouble finding a spot for I would keep this.
9.: I’m never sure what you are supposed to do with these but I like them and Chairish said that they sell really well. So we threw it in the collection.
10. : All you need on your bed to wake it up, stylistically. The scale is big, the pattern is classic and red is making a huge comeback this year, so maybe this is your chance to bring it into the home?
11. : It’s a simple, primitive piece of wood with great detailing and a lot of function. I already have enough hooks, but do you??
12. In a kids room or over a bookshelf in a reading nook? For those of you going for the royal look, this flag is for you.
Go get ’em guys. The prices are too low if you ask me, and I may have already purchased some of these back, but what is left is yours for the picking.
Who thinks we should do this with every flea market in the country??? Let us know in the comments below and maybe you will inspire to partner with us again on another flea market and this time come back with an even bigger haul for you all to shop.
A huge thank you again to for making our Round Top experience top notch and for consistently curating amazing vintage and pre-owned furniture and accessories on their site so we can shop at midnight and you guys don’t have to wake up at 5am for the flea market. As designers and general style lovers we look to to not only shop, but find inspiration through their inventory.
Now go shop the collection and grab it all up before I do!