Etsy Finds: Volume II
Hi again, it’s Mel! AKA Interior Designer , aka your new Etsy guru and former member of the EHD team. If you recall, a few weeks ago Emily and I introduced you to a new series where I scour Etsy and show you all my new favorite items I’m finding. I’m all about highlighting new makers, shopping small, and trying to shop ethically. Sounds good right? Let’s get started…
1. .These earrings are a gorgeous simple twist on a classic. We all know a thin gold hoop is a sure-fire win for your lobes, but these babies spice that up a bit. By dropping the hoop a little lower, these earrings feel unique while creating the illusion that your neck is one million miles long (that’s a good thing, ask Modigliani).
2. . As EHD fans we can all agree a quick and easy way to save a vintage piece of furniture is to switch out the hardware. This handle is a great way to add texture to an otherwise teak + brass only situation.
3. . ‘More quirky sculptural objects for the surfaces of furniture please’ is definitely something I learned from my time at Youxi988 Design. This ceramic house is so cute I want to move in, it’s advertised as a great teacher appreciation gift which I think is a nice idea.
4. . Glass, leather and plants are a winning combination. This vase has a simple sleek shape and a gorgeous soft leather tone. It’s feminine but because of the leather, it visually has weight and would be a great touch to any styled corner.
1. . This brand is what we’re all here for folks. Not only are their products gorgeous and modeled after French simplicity but they’re focused on being Ethical and Charitable. 10% of every purchase is donated to non-profit organizations who are doing amazing things to end sex slavery and violence against women. When you make your purchase you get to decide which of their chosen charities is most deserving of your help! Let’s give back while looking beautiful, shall we?
2. . Here we have another wonderful company that’s conscious of their part in the world. This lamp is cute and spunky as well as Eco-Friendly. The shade is paper mache and made from paper pulp. The pop of color makes them extra special.
3. . Repeat after me, “CORDUROY”! Yes, we’ve all seen stuffed animal heads but I’ve yet to see one as cute and made out of such a fun material. This bunny’s head is also handmade, which means it’s completely customizable and can be made to be as unique as you are.
4. . So we all know bringing your own lunch to work or school is best for your wallets, but what’s best for the environment? Reusable lunch bags made out of canvas and beeswax! I remember taking a paper bag to school everyday when I was little, but now we a very chic reusable option (looking at you striped guy).
1. . This bag is a perfect Marry Poppins bag because it’s slouchy and yet maintains it’s shape while holding anything you could ever want to carry around.
2. . I truly can’t believe that this mug is handmade. To me it’s perfect. It’s the ideal shape as it nails a traditional mug form and yet it’s softer. These mugs have a long lead time but I think they’re worth the wait.
3. . I love this planter not only because of the simple yet very modern texture but also because it’s wood! Well a wood blend that makes it 100% biodegradable. Basically, it’s good for your home and good for the earth. What’s better than that?
4. . Washed soft linen is always cozy and gorgeous, so when you add sweet details like buttons you get a really cute pillows. This rust color is also a must; more rust please.
1. . When a brands motto is “Less is more” you know I’m going to love them. The simple form of this table is really beautiful, the effect you get by adding levels (one lower compartment and one higher surface) adds a lot of visual interest.
2. . We all know plants add life to a space, but can’t we only have so many vessels? This pocket is a new way to explore having flowers in your home. It’s made without a mould which adds to it’s ability to be soft and look like fabric.
3. . Good Design is functional design, and that’s exactly what this desk organizer is. It’s streamlined so it should visually go away while also highlighting those easy to misplace items.
4. . The color blocking and drawstring on this sweatshirt feel so retro they’re almost of the moment. That’s a ridiculous thing to say. But it’s true!
Okay, Okay! This concludes our Etsy Finds: Volume II edition. I tried to include a lot of sellers that are conscious of their footprint and are making things with their hands. I hope you find some goods you like, and let me know in the comments what you’re digging.
As always I wish you an easy wait and a skilled UPS driver to assure your packages arrive safely. (Should this be my official sign off, like on the evening news? I agree, it definitely should.) Thanks EHD readers!