Hello hello, it’s again, former EHD designer and current Etsy docent back for another installment of Etsy Finds (part three!). I’ve spent some more time sifting through the doilies, the glitter and (best of all) the chicken-emblazoned throw pillows to source some gorgeous goods for your homes and bodies. We’ve talked about this before, but when you’ve got a thing for shopping like I do, it can’t hurt but to shop consciously. Any chance you get to buy really beautiful things direct from artisans, you should grab it. So, let’s start looking at some handmade pieces from small businesses, shall we?!
1. . Did you know ergonomics are important not only for your back when sitting at your desk all day but also for your pet when it’s feeding time? This simple wood stand is a perfect solution to ensure Fido can properly consume his food in the three seconds it takes for you to turn around after putting it down. (My dog loves hers almost as much as I do.)
2. . Minimalism and edge are the perfect combination. So what better way to look super cool yet effortless than with handmade and unique earrings? This pair feels geometric without being stuck in the early 2010s.
3. . This hand-knotted door stop is a perfect accessory for any home…assuming you don’t have cats! It’s simple enough that it’ll visually disappear on the daily but be a fun surprise for anyone who notices it.
4. . This backpack is insanely functional and incredibly universal. This bag is for everyone. With its clean design, it’s the perfect shareable bag that every member of your family or crew can look cool with.
1. . This toiletry case is so good. It’s simple, it has a pop of color (the inside is also a delightful mustard yellow – surprise!), and it’s durable. Triple yes! Thanks to our neighbors up north for this handmade goodie.
2. . Kitchen storage is often a challenge, especially for rentals (and small spaces, of course). Well, correction, making kitchen storage look good is a challenge. This brass rail is both functional and beautiful. It provides a new fun texture to patina in your space – which means it’ll just get better with time – and, most importantly, additional storage solutions for pots, pans, and even small sundries like wine openers, too. Oh, the wonders of hooks.
3. . Vacations are fun, and you know what else is fun? Punchy colors. So it would only make sense that a bag (for vacation!) in a punchy color is plain and simple a good idea. This bag has a great minimal shape that’s familiar to us but it’s elevated with an unexpected dye. The straps also look really long and comfortable.
4. . We all know reusable towels are better for the environment than paper towels right? But, that means your kitchen towels hang around for a lot longer and need to look really good. Anything waffled is always a great choice (no need to iron or worry about wrinkles – the floppier the better), and when your purchase supports a family business, it’s a win win win (environment, your kitchen, their family!)
1. . One of the best perks of purchasing handmade goods is that they often come with an option to customize. This green color is a really fun unexpected pop for a bathroom, but it’s also available in a ton of other colors if your bathroom design dictates something a little different. This shop focuses on goods made from refurbished materials locally. We’ll leave the paper forward/backward debate for you to decide.
2. . So, the bamboo of this necklace is sourced responsibly, but that’s not even the coolest part about this Etsy shop. For every order they received, they plant a tree in Australia on your behalf! The owner of the store has a background in environmental studies and an audacious goal, to plant 1 million trees by 2023. Come on EHD readers, let’s get that new forest planted!
3. . The struggle can be real for toys that both entertain children but don’t distract from the design of your home. I know every toy can’t be a soft light wood, but we can try to find as many aesthetically pleasing toys as possible, right? This eco-friendly balance board is made of natural materials and is meant to inspire imaginative play.
4. . A handmade stool with a sleek design checks off a lot of boxes. What really sets this apart is its use of so many materials and textures and its ability to be both colorful and yet neutral at the same time. It’s pricey but feels like a timeless art piece.
1. . This planter screams ‘spring’ to me! It’s also wonderfully minimal and a great way to add some life to your walls.
2. . I love the idea of helping a woman leave a job that wasn’t fulfilling her so she can follow her creative dreams. That’s exactly what you get to do when you purchases these Greek sandals, that are actually made in Greece.
3. . Cream linen jumpsuits are summer staples in my book. This gorgeous piece is created by a husband-and-wife team who played with the traditional shapes of a kimono. The neckline is so good, and it’s great (and I can assume super flattering) that the sleeves extend a bit longer than I’ve seen in pieces with similar shapes.
4. . Minimal thin gold jewelry has been all the rage for a decade now and doesn’t seem to be slowing in trend. After all, when something is subtle and simple, it likely will never date itself. What makes these earrings stand out is their delicate balance of weight. You have the heavy full circles but a longer and more open arc to counteract with lightness.
Thanks again for reading along and let me know in the comments if you plan on purchasing anything!
As always, I wish you an easy wait and a skilled UPS driver to assure your packages arrive safely. (Three times means a tagline is official right? How cool!) Thanks EHD readers!
*** Photo by