Fashion: Shopbop Sale Roundup
Today’s original post had to be pushed til Tuesday so while I was shopping the big (ends tonight, with 20 – 25% off sitewide) I figured I’d do a ‘What I own, What I am going to buy today and What I want to buy but won’t because it’s stupidly expensive’ roundup. If ya’ll need some retail therapy on this Friday, maybe I can help.
1. There are like 15 long millenial pink jackets that I liked and this one was the only one that was under $500. It has the cropped sleeves but oversized look that I’m into right now. I have two winter coats from last year that I’m still into and in LA it’s hard to justify more but this one is pretty cute (I haven’t seen it in person).
2. These remind me of those Levi Wedgies that I can only wear while standing. Perhaps I could even sit down in these? I love that cut.
3. I’m not really a ‘party dress’ kinda girl but I could get behind (and in) this one. SO CUTE. And I feel like for a sequin dress it’s relatively timeless.
4. I love Equipment and I’ve tried this on before and LOVED the cut. I didn’t buy it because I’m not allowed to own Cashmere because I will wash it within days and ruin it. Plus in LA a sweater splurge can feel a bit silly – especially one you will ruin. But the cut is super flattering for how simple it is. So if you are in the market for a timeless flattering sweater, maybe it’s for you.
5. When I pinned this I had this rotating thought ‘Can grownups wear Velcro? Can grownups wear Velcro?’ I recently bought a pair of that look just like them for my kids (only moms will really know what that is) and I love them. Perhaps I’ll try the Velcro route, too?
6. Wrong season, but cute little romper, no?
7. These are my winter shoes that I already own and I’ll be linking up for the next 4 months so if you are into them grab them during this sale because they ain’t cheap.
8. I just bought the $125 Madewell version of this in burgundy which admittedly I don’t like as much as this green. I’m not going to buy this because I don’t need two (and it’s expensive) but if you have the budget for it I will say that I wear mine ALL THE TIME. Brian thinks it’s hilarious every time.
9. I’m very curious if this could be flattering enough to be worth that dough. I’m sure that Forever 21 has a version of it that is not, say, $800, that might be worth testing out. I think that this is something that I could see myself wearing to events a lot – with a cute t-shirt with some type on it and an oversized yet skinny armed blazer. Except that I have mold in our basement that I need to pay to get removed instead.
1. OOOOOHHHH I’m VERY tempted by this sweater. I know I just said that I’m not allowed to splurge on sweaters but this is so beautiful and has so much style, I don’t think it’s cashmere. I’m too tired to click on the link myself as both kids woke up at 5:45am. I’ve decided the difference between 5:45 and 6:10 to be astronomical to my psyche. There is a green version, too. Maybe worth trying out and then if its not AMAZING I’ll return.
2. I’m not really into that matching hat, but I am into a black cape. I always find the ‘wear do I put my purse’ problem rather challenging. But I am curious about this one.
3. I just got these and I honestly LOVE THEM. I feel cool and I have worked out almost every day since I got them. I’m hoping that my two best friends who work for Nike don’t read this. I didn’t seek out Adidas, I promise. I was shopping for red sneakers and found these and didn’t find any Nike versions until I went to the store to find new kids shoes last week and I saw which I like a lot, too. Regardless I’m into bright, color blocked shoes that are all one color and I’m loving these. I also just bought pants to workout in (with pockets for phone if you just want to hike) and they are pretty amazing.
4. There is no way that I would spend $495 on heart-kneed jeans but they are cute and I am curious if a grown-ass woman could pull them off. Also Birdie has the of them that are adorable and matching her is a disgusting desire that I quell on a daily basis.
5. I’m very curious about this one. It doesn’t even look that flattering on her, but I like florals and I like rompers but for $695 no way.
6. UGH, that rounded heel kills me. I think I’m going to snag these and see if they are worth the splurge. They have to be flattering in the ankle otherwise I could buy the Madewell version that will surely come out soon. Fun fact – I used to work with Loeffler Randall’s brother like 12 years ago as stylist assistants (Jeff was a PA) and he was like ‘my sister just started a shoe line’ and I was like ‘sounds cool‘. Now look at her 🙂
7. I know this doesn’t seem to be the season for cropped white pants but I bought these at a store recently and am OBSESSED with them. I bought the black version too and the long black version as well (see below). They are sized weird (0,1,2,3) and I have both a 1 and a 2 which are both fine. I tried the zero and it’s too tight, but if you are guys are smaller than I am and are into these pants (because they are AMAZING – so comfortable and the culottes bell out in a really fun way) then snag these.
8. So pretty. A splurge, for sure. I wish the arms were cropped but I’m sure that all you people in normal weather (you know, that dips under 50) would appreciate the long arms. Although you can just layer a long striped shirt.
1. So Cozy. And reminds me of Oregon.
2. I have my new red ones, but these are SO CUTE. I have no idea why they are so expensive, nor do I recommend splurging on them, but if you are curious what running shoes I like – these are them.
3. These look kinda standard ‘mom culottes’ from the front, but they are really cute ‘Postal Worker’ pockets on the bum. That’s how you know I’m a mom – I say ‘bum’ now. 🙂
4. UGH. These might be amazing. Like statement jeans that give any outfit some ‘insta-cool’. Has anybody out there tried these?
5. I love this jumpsuit for work events or holiday parties. I would make it more casual and less ‘sexy girl’ but that’s just my style. I have a thing with my arms (have you ever seen them ever in a photo?) so it’s not for me but I recommend it for anybody who isn’t neurotic about their upper limbs.
6. I bought these and am OBSESSED with them. Obsessed. They are really long so I have to wear heeled sandals with them, but I’m cool with that. If the shorter version were still available I would recommend them and maybe they will be next year, but for now if you want a wide leg but strangely flattering pair of linen pants – I can vouch for these.
7. Apparently what I needed was more velcro in my life. Not buying these because I don’t need them, but super super cute.
8. The Oregon girl in me loves this a lot.
1. I did an audible gasp when I saw this jacket. That particular shot isn’t selling it for sure but click through and you’ll see how else you can wear it. I’m snagging this one.
2. Sure. Silver is back and I’m putting these on my feet.
3. Curious how amazing these could be. Should I give them a shot? I love the look of them, for sure.
4. Cozy and SO CUTE. I don’t need but if I lived in Montana I would buy this in a heartbeat.
5. These are those Levi Wedgie jeans that I love (but you HAVE to size up). I’m going to try them … I’ll report back.
6. Apparently I’m into red on my feet these days. I have the nude version of these and wear them ALL THE TIME. But nude is easier to mix with anything than red. But red is this years color so I think I can mix them in with all my navys and blacks, no?
7. I’ve been searching for another version of my long floral dress (seen here) and maybe this is it. There is something super 90’s about it that reminds me of church, but I love the oversized floral and am thinking it would be great on camera.
8. The green version of that cream one in the first roundup, GAH. I LOVE IT.
9. These are my current favorite jeans. They are flattering and so comfortable. The only drawback is that you can only wear them for 2 days without washing because they get pretty stretched out. But I love the cut.
10. I own the Madewell version of this so I don’t need it, but that jacket is pretty darn cute.
There you go guys. In case you need some retail therapy and feel like splurging. The sale ends tonight, I think. It’s not a sponsored post or anything, I just like to shop and figured calling out what is catching my eye might be fun for you to see. See you Monday.