Hi friends, here. Gifting is quite literally one of my absolute favorite activities. But maybe you have gifters block or just overall gift anxiety. Well, my hope is this gift guide can help you out. Heading into 2017 I’ve decided to make a commitment to buying better and putting my money where my mouth is as much as possible. To me that means buying less fast fashion, paying more for items that will last me longer (like real leather), supporting small makers and bigger companies that are globally/ethically minded and using beauty products that don’t practice animal testing. If that’s your jam then this gift guide is for you. With that in mind lets dive in…
1. – That blouse has an adorable vintage look to it, but no delicate seams that I’m likely to rip (which is what I find with most adorable, but delicate vintage tops).
2. – I’ve heavily hinted that this would be very happy living around my neck.
3. – I used to have a faux leather jacket that I bought in the kids section of H&M which I wore religiously for about 4 years until it mysteriously disappeared (I’m convinced the boyfriend was just embarrassed to be seen next to me towards the end, as it was flaking faux leather pretty badly). This one is made from real leather, which means it’ll last a LOT longer.
4. – I got this chapstick as a freebie in a gift bag this past spring and now I’m obsessed with it. It smells amazing, it’s got a smooth consistency and it helps fight sex trafficking (see the companies “about” page to find out how). Plus, it’s only $3 a tube so it’s perfect for as a stocking stuffer.
5. – This is my most recent flair purchase which is living on my jean jacket collar right now.
6. – I can’t wear high heels. I just don’t function in them. These are a cute compromise.
7. – If you don’t live under a rock then you probably already know about Warby Parkers “buy one, give one” model, but maybe you weren’t aware that they also now make very pretty (and affordable) sunglasses. Now you do.
8. – I bought this coat in New York a few weeks ago because I’m from California and being cold generally isn’t a part of my lifestyle plan. I’ve worn it a ton since then. Now that I’m back home where it’s a little warmer I’ve been pairing it with flats, jeans and simple t-shirts for a super easy pulled together look.
9. – I want this pair more than I’ve ever wanted another pair of forest green boots in my life. Again, they’re real suede so they’ll last much longer than a pair of cheaper faux suede boots.
10. – This has been on my wish list for a while because it literally looks like stardust on your skin. Intrigued? This company is also does not practice animal testing!
11. – This was my birthday gift this year, so I can attest to its quality. It’s the perfect schlepping bag and the warm honey color is just going to get better with age.
12. – I’ve just ordered this top, so I can’t say what the quality is like. But it’s very cute, affordable and comes from H&M’s “Conscious” line.
13. – A good leather purse is a closet staple for most ladies. And these bags are imported from companies that practice fair employment practices.
14. – The gold key ring for the person on your list who’s “everything” has to look curated. I own this and feel very sophisticated every time I pull it out of my bag.
15. – I love the simplicity of these dainty little earrings (and maybe your wife/girlfriend/sister/best friend will too).
16. – This liquid eye gloss comes in two colors (nude and black), and I use it to complete my “going out” look, which is very minimal.
17. – Which is perfect for New Years Eve or the free spirit in your life.
18. – I don’t own this specific pair, but ones very similar and I adore them. I thought they’d look a little “old man cigar slipper” but they don’t.
19. – A little distressed denim never hurt anyones closet. And Madewell makes a mean pair of jeans.
20. – A set of gold bobby pins makes for a pretty little stocking stuffer. These ones from band.do have a good grip too.
21. – Girls support girls. Enough said.
22. – This 90s girl still loves scrunchies, and this velvet set looks super cozy.
23. – This lipstick is my new favorite lip color. I have it in 3 colors (zip, crush and jam) and love all of them. They do tend to be a bit dry, but a little swipe of chapstick before application works for me. And Glossier is animal testing free!
24. – I NEED this backpack on my back right now. Jeans, white t-shirt and this backpack sound like the perfect day-venture outfit.
25. – Speaking of jeans, you can’t go wrong with a classic pair of Levis. A good pair of jeans will never go out of style. Give the gift of eternity.
26. – I have a few pieces from Everlane on here, but only because I really do want all of them. This little card case would be the perfect gift for a recent grad or friend with a new job to hold their shiny new business cards.
27. – I wear these staple earrings almost every day. They’re simple, minimal and still look unique (but I never worry about them slipping out).
28. – This is my medium sized leather bag (apparently I need at least 4). This is the bag that I would use every single day to schlepp everything I need in my life to and from work. And I’d get it monogramed in gold, because it’s free!
29. – Everlane piece number 2: The everyday wallet. I need a new one badly, so this is what I’m planning on getting next.
30. – These boots will last forever (don’t quote me on that). I found mine “like new” at a thrift store in NY, but they are my 3rd pair of Frye boots and as far as high quality, long lasting leather shoes go they’re my favorite brand. I’ve always seen them as an investment.
31. – This cute little dress is begging to be in my closet, the company is very cool (like, “trade in your older pieces from previous seasons for new pieces” cool).
32. – I want a linen bathrobe in my life. This one comes in several pretty colors, and I’m partial to the pink and light gray . . . in case anyone is wondering.
33. – Jewelry can be hard to pick for someone else, but I think it’d be hard to go wrong with a simple set of gold stacking rings.
34. – This was an impulse buy because it smelled ridiculously good (coconut milk & peach), but it also adds gentle beachy waves to my strands. I’m wearing it right now and taking deep breaths of my hair. I’m not exaggerating.
35. – GUYS DENIM IS REALLY GOOD. Have I convinced you yet? If I’m not wearing my Levis jeans I’m wearing my 1 of my 2 Levis denim jackets.
36. – I have to admit, I know NOTHING about these slippers. But I saw them on Etsy late one night and I now want to lounge around my apartment in silver bedroom slippers.
37. – So this skirt is from one of our photographer’s (Tessa Neustadt) very own line, Jude The Label. It’s real cute, folks. And so is the little matching top.
38. – The very last piece is one more Everlane item. This gold pouch looks like my future make-up bag.
It’s not public knowledge yet BUT Macauley and I have just moved into a new apartment (stay tuned, we’ll be MOTO-ing the whole thing), so a lot of these items are real wish list material.
1. – This basket is from a company I’m a big fan of, Local + Lejos. It’s high on the wish list and I think it’d be perfect next to a chair or bed to hold throws and spare pillows.
2. – I have this scent in perfume and it’s my go-to. I can only imagine that the candle smells just as good. Also I love candles and think they are a severely underrated gift.
3. – New sheets for the new year! Now that I’m living with a boy (gross) I’m going for more neutral colors, and these charcoal gray sheets from Parachute seem like they’d make us both very happy.
4. – This vase in particular would sit happily on a mantle or desk. My mantle or desk to be specific.
5. – To go along with my candle obsession.
6. – A soft, cozy knit throw is an easy gift for anyone who likes being comfortable. Which is everyone.
7. – This is another personal wish list item. Keeping in mind that I want to spend a LOT of time in bed sleeping, I feel justified wanting high quality bed things.
8. – I want this pretty organizer to hang inside my new vanity nook (of which actually exists in my old, old apartment).
9. – I’m pretty sure we will be getting this for the bedroom.
10. – This might not be the type of gift you’d get someone, but it’d make a very nice gift for your living room.
11. – Tiny flax pillows to make everyone’s couch happy.
12. – I believe “Give Up” is the perfect soundtrack to anyones’ life, and I have dreams of letting it waft through my airy apartment on warm summer weekends.
13. – If you have a mini Instax camera this is the ideal gift for all of your friends. Comb through your extensive collection of accumulated polaroids, pick out a picture of you and your friend and pop it into one of these fun frames for an instant gift that’s both personal and unique. If you don’t have an Instax camera yet see item #16.
14. – We’ve decided that we’re getting a record player for the new apartment, but we haven’t settled on a color yet. I have a feeling it will be black, but a girl can dream.
15. – We have one on the way for our living room and I’m so excited I can barely contain myself. I plan on sitting in it 24/7 once it arrives.
16. – I got this as a gift last year and I can’t recommend it enough. I leave it out at parties, and take it with me on trips. Instant memories everywhere.
17. – I want this for my coffee table.
18. – I recently bought one of these and I’m determined to never buy grocery store pasta again (doubtful). Because making your own pasta is ridiculously easy and makes you feel very accomplished.
19. – Add this to the past maker and you’ve got yourself a very curated little gift for the foodie in your life.
20. – We’ve recently been introduced to Blake’s pottery (as he’s dating our designer Melanie) and I love his simple designs. Melanie’s promised us one of his pieces for our new place, and I will surely be following up on that.
21. – We’ve been burning this incense from PLTNC in “Rare Breed” in our apartment. I’m also a big fan of their “Forest Floor” candle.
22. – This is on it’s way for my cat right now. It is a little splurge-y. But aesthetically pleasing cat beds are hard to find, and this one is very cute.
23. – This pretty set would make anyone with a knack for entertaining happy.
24. – I want these very badly. They would make my daily glass of champagne even more fun.
25. – I have this in my bedroom, it is very very pretty and I think it’d make a nice gift for a new nursery.
26. – For the hostess with the most-ess. Even if that’s you.
27. – A lot of sophistication for your palette and your bookshelf.
28. – I put this on my list and when our newest hire, Jess, saw it she said “that’s my print!” and it blew my mind. You should all go buy it right now.
29. (set of 4) – A perfect hostess or house warming gift. Conveniently placed on here days before my very own housewarming party *hint hint*
*Opening photo by from my .