Utilitarian & Chic #3 – Laundry
For years, YEARS, doing laundry meant schlepping clothes once a month down to the basement and basically spending the rest of your saturday afternoon monitoring said clothes. I would avoid this at all cost, practically buying a new wardrobe to avoid dealing with the dirty one. New Yorkers, you know what I mean.
In the new house we have a washer and dryer which I know isn’t a reason to celebrate to most people, but to us its like that scene in Goonies at the end where they finally find the treasure and gold. Every. single. day. Having a washer and dryer is indeed a luxury. But thtere are a lot of ugly things that go along with them – laundry sorting, detergent, ironing boards and organizing paraphernalia. I could do without any of it, frankly, but these clothes aren’t going to wash themselves.
So here’s one part of my ‘Utilitarian and Chic’ laundry edition. There are a lot of products so you’ll see more later, but what i love about these are again how simple and functional they are. Laundry doesn’t need to be decorative.
Lets (not) get dirty:
Maybe those pieces ill help my laundry room look a little more like this:
1. Pretty and simple, I use this for plant pots, too.
2. I like the packaging and its a reminder to own more cashmere. I mean, how can I let this soap just sit their unused?
3. Its architectural and simple. Now if only i learned to iron.
4. So cute. Throw it on a hook in your laundry room for your more delicate clothes.
5. Its a classic – the fold out drying rack. With its white and wood combo i’m totally into it.
6. I have one of these in Charlie’s room and it does a good job of blending into the other decor – its just so simple and white.
7. Fashion for you ironing board. Don’t let your board get caught naked. How embarassing!
8. they are classic and always in style. Just need to figure out what to do with them …
9. These are the kinds of things that I have to be given in order to appreciate, but whenever I do, i’m like ‘why oh why haven’t I washed my clothes in lavender laundry soap before’. I haven’t tried this one, but the packaging is so pretty. Although i’m sure its not exactly cheap if you know what I mean.